Friday 6 April 2012

Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos - Dairy Free and Soy Free

This is one of our favourite weeknight meals.  This recipe is quick and easy to make.  The colours are beautiful and it smells wonderful.  I found this recipe in the Skinny Bitch Cookbook but made some changes to the recipe.  Here is my version.  Leftovers of this dish are great too.




Makes 6 Servings

2 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 green pepper
1 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp oregano
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup salsa
guacamole
6 tortillas, corn or wheat

Guacamole

2 ripe avocadoes
1 lime
a few drops tabasco

I like the microwave my avocados for 30 seconds each before cutting in to them as this well keep them frown browning as quickly.  I also microwave my lime for 30 seconds since I keep them in the fridge and this makes them much easier to juice.

Mix avocado, lime and tabasco together and set aside.  I keep the guacamole in the fridge while making the tacos.


Black Bean and Sweet Potato Taco


Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet.  Add the sweet potato and saute about 3 minutes, or until almost soft.  Add the green pepper, garlic, cumin, chilli powder, coriander and oregano.  Saute for 3 minutes.  Stir in the beans and salsa and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

Warm the tortillas in a small skillet over medium heat.  Spread the black bean and sweet potato mixture over the tortilla and add guacamole, fold over to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment